Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Parihaka History

Hello Readers, In our Hurumanu group we had to Read and explain the Parihaka History and answer some question.
This is my work.

Parihaka history

Who? 
Tohu Kakashi and Te whiti o Rongomai was the ones that founded Parihaka and became the leaders of it.

Where? 
Tuho and Te Whiti wanted peace for their people and community so they decided to end the fighting and The wars and work for their rights through peace. They also worked against the New Zealand Government and its confiscation of land plan. New Zealand

What?
Tohu and Te whiti fought the Government by getting their followers to Pull out the Surveyors Pegs or Rebuild the fences that the Government troops broke down. Every 18th to 19th each month meetings were held to talk thought issues and ideas.

When?
In the year 1881 November 5th. the Goverment troops arrested many of the people that was in Parihaka. Including the 2 Leaders. From a long 18 months in jail they were released back to Parihaka and continued with a peaceful Protests.

Parihaka: Remembering November 5, 1881 - Wellington - Eventfinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.