Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Gummy bears

                                                         Gummy Bear Osmosis

Aim:

I want to find out what happens to Gummy bears when we put them into different solution.

Prediction:

I predict that they will dissolve into the solutions.

Method:

Equipment

 4x Gummy Bears of the same colour

 2x petri dishes

 paper towels

 marker pen

 Water

sugar water

Sugar water

Instructions:

1. Get your equipment.

2. Put on your safety glasses.

3. Using  the marker pen, write the name of the condition on the petri dish. DR



Dry

Water

Salt water

Sugar water

Initial weight of Gummy Bear

5.38

5.42

5.41

5.48

Final Weight of Gummy Bear

4.813.604.215.41

Weight Difference

0.571.821.20.7

Initial Volume

7.2911.657.7113.08

Final Volume





Final volume





Volune difference






Discussion:

What is Osmosis?
Osmosis is the movement of water from a less concentrated solution to a more concentrated solution through a partially permeable membrane

Diffusion: The movement of any substance from a higher concentration to a lower concentration.

Conclusion:
The dry Gummy bear lost weight and was lighter after 6 days.

The Gummy bear in Normal water lost 1.82 gm in 6 days.

The gummy bear in salt water lost 1.2 gm in 6 days.

The gummy bear in sugar water lost 0.7 gm in 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.