Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

skittles

Dear readers: we did a experiment about skittles and i liked the colours when it was separated by putting water on it.

Chromotography is a technique for the separation of a mixture by passing it in solution or suspension through a medium in which the components move at different rates.

Aim: To separate the colours from the skittles by using chromatography 

Materials;

1. Skittles 

2. Petri dish

3. Water


Method.

1. Place skittle around the edge of the petri dish

2. Carefully put water into the middle of the dish

3. Watch to see which colours reach the middle first.

Fastest skittle colours

Findings

score

Green: 4

Yellow: 3

Orange: 4

Brown: 8

Red: 3

this is the video



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.